Cookies and Cocktails – November 8thNovember 8, 2022
Cookies & Cocktails – November 22ndNovember 30, 2022
Here are the recipes for the cookie and cocktail I talked about on the show this week. Enjoy!
Apple Cider Margarita
- 1 ½ cups tequila
- 2 cups apple cider
- ¾ cup Triple Sec or Cointreau
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 3 handfuls ice
Add these ingredients to a pitcher and mix.
Sweet Potato Cookie
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg1
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup sweet potato purée
1 large egg
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups toasted pecans, chopped
For the Maple Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. milk
Pinch kosher salt
3/4 cups toasted pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in sweet potato, egg, and vanilla, then add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Scoop 1” balls onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart, and bake until golden and just set, about 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes then place cookies on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Make glaze: In a medium bowl stir together powdered sugar, syrup, milk, and pinch of salt. Drizzle glaze over cookies and sprinkle with chopped pecans.